I completed my B.S. in Chemical Engineering at North Carolina State University (Go Pack!). When I was an undergraduate there, I was heavily involved in AIChE and conducted research in Dr. Chase Beisel’s lab for two years. In addition, I was also given opportunities to spend all my summers in the industry. All of these experiences provided me with the privilege to learn from many incredible mentors and inspired me to get into graduate school. CMU was the perfect next step for me (fun fact! My undergraduate academic advisor Dr. Lisa Bullard also graduated from here). Outside of school and research, I am part of the CMU Ballroom Dance Competition Team! It has become a great way for me to de-stress, learn something new, and meet some of the most interesting and unique people outside of my daily routine.
- Graduated from North Carolina State University, May 2017 (Advisor: Dr. Chase Beisel)
- Process Optimization Intern (Fujifilm Diosynth, Summer 2017)
- Project Management Intern (Merck, Summer 2016)
- Process Development Intern (PotashCorp, summer 2015)
- REU (Iowa State University, Summer 2014)
Email apalizha (at) andrew.cmu.edu